Useful consultant-to-client tools
- Teamviewer – for remote access to your computer
- SugarSync – my favorite online backup service (paid) and file handling
- Freshbooks – my client accounts tool – and a great way to bill for projects
Security Watchdog Tools
Here are some tools I have used to keep track of what my information is doing on the web (and if I have fallen into any yucky places that may use my info to hack or spoof.
- Have I Been Pwned? Check if you have an account that has been compromised in a data breach, and sign up for notifications if your email address ever shows up on an identified list.
I always say to use cleaning tools with caution. CcCleaner & Onyx dig deeper than most clients may feel comfortable with, however, I’ve valued these over the years and depend on them for consistent and time-efficient cleanup tools!
- CcCleaner (PC) – favorite tool for advanced cleaning (but tools for the newbie)
- Avira – (Free version) Identified as one of the better antivirus for keeping your system safe
- Bitdefender -(Free version) Another strong tool for internet safety. Offers less free features.
- Avast Antivirus -(Free version) for scanning and preventing malicious-ware
- OnyX for Mac – my maintenance tool for the mac
- ClamXav – Antivirus for Mac – for scanning of malicious-ware (Free for 30 days – also offers antivirus monitoring tools)
- Thor Antivirus – Really reliable tool for scanning (or if needed, a full time antivirus/Malware tool for Mac)
Businesses that support client needs:
MISC Problem Links for Angel Reference: